http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Of Haircuts and Classes

The secret to a good haircut is when your hairstyle fits perfectly with your face that no one would notice you had your hair cut. People, especially those who get to see you everyday, could be very accustomed with the way you look that a radical transformation in hairstyle is often frowned upon. Fortunately for me only a few people noticed that I cut my hair short, AGAIN. Or maybe they were just being kind not to blurt out that I was having a bad hair day. The only comment I ever had when I went to school was from Jessy, who upon seeing me smiled and said, "Uy, bakit ka nagpagupit?" I don't know what to make of her question. To me it sounded more like a statement. It was more like "You cut your hair?! It doesn't look good on you." But then every question deserves an answer and with a rather shallow logic I told her that well my hair was long so I needed to cut it short.

Today marked the start of classes. While everyone was busy checking out their room assignments I was minding my own business checking out the available schedules. Things would be a lot easier for me if I knew my grade in Math but sad to say my professor hasn't even checked my removal exam. Apparently she is enjoying her vacation and has not yet returned to her department where in her box lies my permit that gives me the right to know the result of my removals. There are only two possible outcomes, it's either a 3.0 or a 5. Passing Math 11 would relieve me of a burden to take the course all over again. Failing would do so otherwise. As a result of me not knowing my grade in Math, I have to cancel my Chemistry and Physics subject because Math 11 is a pre-requisite of the said subjects. Whether I pass or fail I do not plan to take up these subjects because as I said earlier, I am shifting to another course and apparently Chemistry and Physics are not accredited in their curriculum. Taking them up is just a waste of time.

With Chemistry and Physics cancelled, I have three subjects amounting to 9 units left in my Form 5A. The minimum number of units one can take is 15 so I have to fill up the gap with a lot of GE subjects that could be credited in the PolSci curriculum. I finally decided to take up Nat Sci 4 (Geology), PI 100 (Life and Works of Rizal), and Histo II (The History of Asia). All that is left of me to do is to find a non-conflicting schedule for these subjects, enlist them, and after that I'm done! I like to note that for the last two subjects mentioned above I am pursuing to get professor Esguerra's classes. Terror as he might seem, he taught me how to think critically about anything and everything. His profound views and thoughts have challenged me in every way. In him I can say that I tasted what UP is really like. I am looking forward to be in his classes. It would be a great honor.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment