http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Sick and Bored

Sick. Just as I thought that a pill of Biogesic would do me well, my stuffed nose and inflamed throat proved me wrong. I have been in this condition for the past four days and there are no signs of improvement ever since. It started as a mild pain in my throat eventually turning into a cold and finally a mixture of both. Tissues are consumed every minute and by now I would have used up at least 3 boxes of tissues. This is not new to me. Ever since I was a kid I had trouble breathing through my nose. My parents brought me to the clinic and doctors diagnosed me of having sinusitis and adenoids. They were opting for operation but we didn't go for it. Eventually it all disappeared. But after that I was more vulnerable to other diseases especially the common colds. Having colds may not be life-threatening like cancer, ebola, or even HIV, but it is annoying... very annoying. First it clogs your nose forcing you to breath through your mouth. Second, it leaves your tongue senseless and everything you eat tasteless. And lastly it makes your life a whole lot more miserable because of the said reasons. Scientists have made a lot of medical breakthroughs these past few years but still they haven't found the cure for the simple, yet dreaded disease... the common colds. Let's just hope that genetic engineering and the technological advancements in the field of medicine would help find a way to eradicate this nuisance. But they say prevention is better than cure. Stocking up on Vitamin C would have prevented my colds but then again it's too late. By now I should have learned my lesson. Tsk tsk tsk...

Bored. This morning I found out that our cable was gone. We issued a letter to the company to close the connection 4 months ago but it was only till now that we're finally disconnected. All that's left is the usual Channel 2, Channel 7, but thank God though we still have Studio 23 and MTV. Goodbye AXN, goodbye WWE (now I won't have the chance to see Big Show kick the crap out of Kane), goodbye Star Movies, HBO, Wowow, Movie Plus, Stage, Couch... goodbye to the Saturday movie nights, the Wednesday CSI marathons, the weekends on National Geographic and the Discovery Channel. To all the channels I ever watched, I bid you farewell and adieu
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment