http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

The Skinny Issue

After browsing through a forum that dealt with "weight gain" I found out that there are a lot of people who share the same problem as I have. I could totally relate with thier posts about people calling them anorexic where in fact they are just normal people who have a hard time gaining weight. I don't understand why it's rude to tell a fat person that he/she is fat, while making snide remarks about the skinny physique of other people is not. I had my share of embarassments. I got used with comments like "You look like a toothpick" or "You're so thin. Are they feeding you?". But later I found out that they prayed for me in church because of my physique. Sheesh. This has got to stop. I better gain some weight or else I'll be ridiculed by a lot of people.

Food is not an issue. I eat whenever I can. When there's food on the table I eat. Whenever I'm outside or in Robinsons Place I eat. I eat food that dieticians wouldn't even consider touching. But after 2 weeks I only gained a lousy kilo. People normally complain about how fat they are but now right before you is an example of the minority who rant about their skinny physique.

Maybe it's just because I have a higher metabolism rate than normal people that even though I am consistent in stacking up the carbos my body just quickly turns it to energy. You gain a pound today, you'll lose it tomorrow. It's every girl and every other body-conscious people's dream. It is my nightmare.

My family is behind me in my quest to gain weight. Come to think of it they're the one's who started this "skinny issue". Every day I would get emails from my parents telling me that "Son, you'll look a lot better if you're a bit fat." My mom even sends recipes of my favorite meals so that my sister could cook them for me. I appreciate their concern but they overdo it sometimes.

I'm totally commited to gaining weight. I have a height of 5'8" right now and I weigh 55 kilos. That's 9 kilos short of the ideal weight for my height. Nine kilos... how hard could that be? Gorging yourself on Big Macs every now and then would do the trick.

Anyway I have the will and the fortitude to get there. Okay, I go to go now. Still have to attend the birthday party of my cousin and you know here in the Philippines whenever you have birthdays di mawawala ang handaan . It's chow time... nyahahaha!!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment