http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Form 5

Finally I got my schedule finalized this afternoon. The timings are great but the bad news is I have a Saturday class. The good thing about it is that it's sir Esguerra's PI 100 and my sister shares the same class with me. Though I've never experienced being classmates with any of my sisters, they(Ateleejoyce) spent more than a decade together in the same classes. Having a sibling as your classmate is such a big advantage. Bad stuff aside, you could share notes or help each other out. And to think that most of the students enrolled in that class are graduating students I wouldn't mind having someone I know with me on that class. PI 100 with my sister would definitely be interesting.

Anyway this is my schedule:

Mondays and Thursdays
Math 1 (MHD) 11:30a - 1:00p
Comm II (MHG2) 2:30p - 4:00p

Tuesdays and Fridays

Nat Sci II (TFA2) 7:00a - 8:30a
History II (TFD1) 11:30a - 1:00p
SocSci II (TFE) 1:00p - 2:30p

Wednesdays
NSTP (LTS) 9:00a - 12:00p
PE2 Table Tennis (WEG) 1:00p - 3:00p

Saturdays
PI 100 (SBC) 8:30a - 11:30a

-----------------

Does a mosquito have a preference when choosing its victim?

I have been a victim countless times by these pests. Oddly enough, I have observed that they prefer to feed on me. Why? Well in a class of twenty-four students I am the only one who gets bitten. In an effort to provide an explanation I looked around the ever so helpful internet and come up with the following generalizations.

#1 Mosquitoes, according to the National Geographic Channel, prefer the color blue
- I wear a blue tshirt every now and then but they still bite even though I wear a different colored t.

#2 According to some people, mosquitoes prefer sweet blood.
- So they're saying that my blood taste better than others? Could be...

#3 Female mosquitoes, according to Encarta, generally feed on blood while the male feed on plant juices.
- Hehe I like this one. You draw the generalization for this :)

My point is I get a mosquito bite every now and then. Like vampires they stalk on their victims and then they suck the precious plasma out of their body. You wouldn't know that they were there. You would only realize when you see the mark. Moments after the bite, the toxins from their saliva makes the bite area swell and itchy. I can handle this but if they're all over your body, well it's another story.

Last night I woke up and my body was swelling all over with these marks. My hand was swollen up and I was itching all over. This happened a lot of times before but today was different. It was all over my body (exaggerated). I tried not to think about it because the more I scratch the more itchy it becomes and the more it swells. At least the swelling died down and I got to sleep peacefully. This afternoon however it came back and if last night was bad, today was worst. My parents told me to get a doctor's opinion on it right now. I didn't want to because all I know is that this is an allergic reaction because of the consequent bites from the mosquitoes.

After bitten many times there are two things that could possibly happen to a person. He/she could become immune to the bite or he/she could develop an allergic reaction to it. I thought I was the latter. I was stubborn enough to know that I'm right that I hesitated at first to get a doctor's opinion. In my observations it all starts with a bite and it gradually it turns to this uncontrolable nuisance. But I have to obey my parents.

Our relative who lives just nearby is a doctor. When we asked her opinion she said that it was an 'allergic reaction'. So I'm right but she said that it couldn't have possibly come from mosquitoes. "Why not?" I asked myself. She said that it could have been from caterpillars (which I highly doubt because there are no green plantations around me) or from pollen brought by the wind. That's when I realized that a majority of allergic reactions come from pollen in the wind. No wonder I sometimes used to itch all over when I was way back in Abu Dhabi. But this was different. It's itchiness with swollen red marks all over my body. And to think that sometimes I can feel the bite of the mosquito itself before I have the rashes I'm not entirely convinced. Anyway she gave me pills that will deal with the allergy. I have to try this for some time to see if it works. Well if not then it only means one thing... the mosquito is the culprit... I have to blame it all on those pests.

It's raining hard and whenever it...

rains > breeding places for the pests appear > mosquitoes are born > mosquito bites > I rant about the bites on my blog... :)

(PS: To my parents - Sorry if I have to be stubborn about this. I have my beliefs and when I think I'm right I'll hold on to that. But I'm only human and I do make mistakes. At least Mom and Dad I get to learn from them. Don't worry too much about me. It's great to know that you guys are concerned about my health and for that I can't thank you enough. I love you mom and dad. I am so blessed that God gave me earthly parents like you. You guys are the best! Luv yah)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment