http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

The Ellipsis of the Mind

MTV Lokal featured the band Silent Sanctuary. By the end of the show they performed one of the tracks in their album "The Ellipsis of The Mind". The song was called "For Tonight". Their music was simple yet somber. Aside from the usual guitar, bass, and drum setup, they had a cellist and a violinist. The cello and the violin gave their song a solemn effect.

It's bands like these that make me want to listen more of Indie music. Before I came here I really didn't like listening to OPM. When I was still living in Abu Dhabi whenever someone would mention OPM, novelty songs would first cross my mind. Seriously, it's hard to get decent pinoy music when you're miles away from the country that's producing it. I do listen to a few pinoy bands like Parokya ni Edgar but that's just about it. Foreign music dominated my playlist.

When I arrived in the Philippines my music preferences began to change. Soon I began to fall in love with the rock anthems of Bamboo, the inspiring songs of Rivermaya, the awesome singing voice of Kitchie Nadal. I fell in love with OPM, alternative OPM to be specific. Kjwan. Cambio. Sugarfree. Stonefree. Sandwhich. 6cyclemind. Urbandub. Sponge Cola. Sugar Hiccups. Silent Sanctuary. There's a whole lot of them. I could remember saying a few years ago that filipino music is jologs but I take that back now.

I'm proud of our music, of our style, kakaiba talaga ang mga noypi. Kakaiba talaga!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment