http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Studying is my passion, but.....

I really find it hard to study when you are not pressured to. Compared to last sem, my load now is relatively light. I have no major subjects like Chem and Physics to worry about. Somehow I miss the days when I would lock myself in the room and read books, not because I want to, but because I have to. If you were me back then you wouldn't want to attend Esguerra's class unprepared. But my point is, I thrive under pressure. When things start to ease up I tend to loosen up a bit on studying. And this is, in any case, bad for a UP student.

Last friday we had our departmentals in Math 1. Unlike Math 11, Math 1 focuses more on logic and the history of math. Anyone will tell you it's easy. I would, but somehow I fear that the results of my exam would say so otherwise. You see I'm not really sure of my answers even though the majority of the exam is multiple choice. And I made a lot of mistakes because of ignorance. I thought May had only 30 days and that made all the difference. Three items wasted because of that single error. Yeah, yeah, go ahead and laugh. Now if only someone would have taught me the knuckle system of remembering how many days are there in any given month. For those who don't know about this, well then let me share it with you. Maybe it would help you someday. You start off with the first knuckle in your right hand. That's January. The space in between the first and the second knuckle is February. Then you go on with March and the rest of the months alternating the knuckle and the space between the knuckles. When you reach the last knuckle you start again with the first knuckle. Now the month's that landed on the knuckles have 31 days. Those that didn't have 30. February of course have only 28... 29 during leap years. Did it make sense?

Now that you know I hope you won't commit the same stupid mistake as I have. It really frustrates me whenever I think about it. I should have done better in the exam. Anyway there's always a second chance. I hope I could redeem myself in the next dept. exam. I should. I will.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment