http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Happy New Year

"All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..."

It's pointless for me to make a new year's resolution because I never keep them. But I do believe it's high time for change. Everything changes as time pass by but we decide if it takes effect on us. Somehow I hope that something good would change in me this 2005.

It's my first time to consciously spend new year here in the Philippines. Well I was here on new year's eve eons ago but I was only like what, 1 or 2 years old? I can't even speak lest remember what happened. When I first arrived here I always thought that Christmas and New Year would be special. But it was just like any other day. Although New Year is more of an ear wracking experience. Things go boom every now and then on the streets. It's like being under enemy fire. My sisters would scream whenever something would explode. It was really embarrassing being around them.

We ate hotdogs and bread for our new year's eve dinner. Good thing though they served food in church or else we'll be facing the new year on an empty stomach. We were supposed to buy a bucket from KFC and maybe a pizza box or two, compliments of Ate Avi and Joyce, but they weren't able to withdraw money from the bank. But before you start to pity our condition let me tell you that even though we didn't have the fancy food nor the company of our family we were still happy. I mean why shouldn't we. We were blessed and God has always been faithful to us these past few years. There's really nothing to be sad about.

Well there's one thing though. Joyce (the sister of ate avi) accidentally dropped my mobile in a pail full of water. It really didn't matter to me that much. All I can think of is that I won't have an alarm clock to wake me up this new year. I rarely use my mobile. I keep it for timekeeping purposes and emergency calls and that's it. I can live without a mobile. But Joyce was generous enough that she offered to buy me a new one. So how about that, a new year, a new mobile. Not that bad for a new year's start.

Anyway to all of you out there I wish that you have a prosperous New Year. There's a lot to look forward to this 2005 amidst the chaos surrounding us. We should make the best of this year.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment