http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Pianome


piano


I've been playing the piano ever since I was in high school. I remember bugging my parents into buying me a keyboard. Back then the price tags on keyboards are really expensive especially if it's Yamaha. We bought the cheapest that we could find and it cost us around $300. It sure left a big hole in my parent's pockets but I know they never regretted buying it.

In the past few years I have learned to play five different musical instruments. I taught myself to play the piano, guitar, and the drums. In school we learned how to play the recorder and the violin. I guess it's my love for music that gave me the passion to learn these instruments, especially the piano. I took formal piano lessons for half a year but then after that the pastor who was teaching me was no longer available. I have to learn it all by myself. I started playing by ear and the more I played the more I got good at it.

The Internet has been my source for a lot of the music I play. I would download music sheets of the net and I would spend hours even days learning it. I remember how happy I felt when I learned how to play A Thousand Miles. That night, me and my dad went to an electronics shop canvassing for a computer. I saw a keyboard and I was eager to try playing the song I have just learned. As I hit the keys I noticed that the volume somehow turned up. I stopped playing but the melody was still there. I turned around and right there in front of me, showing in a big screen TV, was Vanessa Carlton's video of a thousand miles. We were playing the piano riff in sync. How coincidental could that be? I was so dumbfounded. Could this be a sign? I just laughed at the idea, but I was utterly speechless for a few seconds.

I just love playing the piano but nowadays I spend more time playing with my guitar. Although, I do make it a point to find time for jamming sessions with my keyboard. Maybe someday when I have the money I'll buy myself a real piano. A grand piano to be exact with shiny ivory keys.

Sigh. That someday would be a helluva long time.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment