http://www.makepovertyhistory.org
 

Makamisa

"Are you ready for your report mr. espiritu?" my professor asked.

The last reporter was already in front of the class ready to start on his report on Rizal's El Fili. There was a brief moment of silence. Heads turned and eyes were on me. Everyone was waiting for my answer.

"Sir, i've just started reading yesterday and I don't think I would be able to touch all the points if I reported today."

"It's okay. Just report on what you know. It's better that you report today so that you can join your field trip next week."

"Okay," I hesitatingly said.

My professor then turned toward the reporter in front and motioned him to continue. Meanwhile, I skimmed the book that I borrowed for my report extracting details that I could use to build my impromptu report. I felt nervous because I had to stand in front and explain Rizal's supposed third novel to a bunch of biochemistry seniors, my sister, and my professor whose teachings had a profound effect on me. The guy was nearing the end of his report. By the time he finished his report, I was already done with an outline of mine. Shaky, I stood in front and started my report.

"Makamisa, which means "after mass", is one of Rizal's unfinished works and is said to be his third novel following Noli and El Fili. It is an anticlerical and humerous novel. Makamisa was written satirically which is reminiscent of the style Rizal used in Noli me Tangere..."

Minutes later I was finished. It was a good thing that Professor Esguerra helped fill in facts that I missed. As I returned to my seat he told me, "O ayan, makakasama ka na sa field trip mo dahil tapos ka na magreport." Originally my report was scheduled for next week, but incidentally it is also the date of our field trip in NatSci 2. I was looking for a compromise because I couldn't sacrifice neither one of them. I tried asking Prof. Esguerra to give me a make-up for my report next week but he was hesitant. Eventually I decided to give up the field trip because I felt that my PI 100 class was much more important. But now that I finished reporting, i'm free to go to my field trip next Saturday. I wouldn't want to miss out my last field trip with my blockmates before I shift to another course. I'm happy things turned out just fine.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

8:08 AM

i found it hard to digest the makamisa. what's worse, we're supposed to have a book report on it and we're asked to provide a continuation to the story. i'm going crazy now... can u give me a wild guess about how the story should end?    



8:11 AM

by the way, i'm a upian too and the book report is for PI 100... sorry for messing up with your blog... i hope u can give me a suggestion. thanx!    



9:09 AM

when do you need it? actually you reminded me of something i should have done a long time before. i haven't yet submitted the summary of my report which is way due. i'll try to review the material then i'll ping you back when i have the info. would that be okay?    



11:07 PM

thanks for the reply. i'm passing it this monday, sept. 12. i really don't want to bother you. i just wondered if you still remember the story and perhaps make a guess on how it should end. i wonder if the names Cecilia and Kapitan Panchong and Fr. Agaton still ring a bell to you. if you don't, thank you anyway ^_^    



1:29 PM

Good day !!

i also had these problems . Sir or mam can you give me a summary of makamisa and a guess on its ending... hoping for your reply    



1:46 PM

can u pls help me.... i also have a research on the summary of "makamisa" and the most preferable ending... i rily hope dat u may help me with this... by the way its aldwin, i'm a student from mapua.... T.Y.    



» Post a Comment